Monday, May 4, 2015

oh, hello.

HI. It's me, Jan.

Thought I would give a little update to the bloggy blog.

I finally got my bachelors degree in December! It was the best feeling ever. I never thought that moment would come. And to top it all off, right after I graduated, it was Christmastime! AKA: my fav holiday. Kyle and I had our first Christmas together at my parents house and it was so fun to show him my family's traditions and have all 6 siblings back together again under one roof with our spouses and all 15 of my nieces and nephews (a great form of birth control, FYI).

Then this past winter, Kyle was in school and I found an amazing job working at an accounting firm where I was their front office secretary. Me? An accounting firm? The reason I chose Communications as my major was because it required the least amount of math. Lets just say, I never thought I would have found myself working at an accounting firm after I graduated, but I ended up absolutely loving the people I worked with, and the things I did. I learned so much during tax season and I'm so grateful I had that job. They're such a great company in fact, that they offered me my position back for when Kyle and I move back in the fall! Cheers to not having to worry about searching for another job when we move in 4 months.

Oh, we got a .... dog? So random. But we got one. She's a german shorthair. Her name is Lux. This just goes to show you how much of a die hard Harry Styles fan I am, but, I got the name Lux from Harry Style's hairstylists daughters name. JUST DON'T TELL KYLE, he won't be a fan of that. Okay but real talk, bottom line is, I just don't think I'm a dog person, but she's pretty cute and she's kind of changing my mind. Kyle is trying to train her to be a hunting dog, but for now, she's a farm dog and basically just chills on the farm all day and follows him around. It's pretty precious.


                                                                       Little lux


With that being said, we just barely moved back to Washington so he could farm for the summer again. I thought I would never say this, but I think the farm life is growing on me (I did not say the town was growing on me yet. That's still a work in progress). I've always loved the country, but I love the way of life that the farm offers. For example, yesterday after dinner we went out to the front yard, and walked to the pond (with the cutest little paddle boat in it), and we found wild asparagus, so we just snipped some and we're going to eat them for dinner this week. It's so simple and beautiful. Yes, I miss having TJ Maxx & Target 15-30 minutes away, but I can live without it being immediately close to me. Seeing Kyle so excited about something he loves so much makes me excited about it too. He's actually thinking of buying cattle, so now I can almost say I truly did marry a cowboy.



Oh, yep, just me creepin pictures of that hot farmer I call my husband.



                                          After all this time, 4-wheeler rides are still my favorite.


Since we're only here for the summer, I found a temporary job working at a paint store near our house. The hours are great and it'll give me just enough time in the day to hit the lake and get back to waterskiing and working on my tan. It'll be way fun. Plus, I'm taking a trip back home for my mom's birthday this June, we have a family reunion on the Oregon Coast, we just bought some tickets to a Seahawks Pre-Season game in Seattle, and we might be going to Montana (heaven on earth) later this summer, plus I want to plan a trip to see my bestie in Vegas. Life is busy, but it's great.

OK. I'm sick of writing now, BYE.






No comments:

Post a Comment